Water Wells and Well Treatment
In business since 1969, we are a family-owned company with a reputation for quality products, outstanding work ethic, and friendly service. We’re available when you need us, including 24/7 for emergency service. Contact us at (973) 827-6088 with questions about well water treatment or to schedule an appointment.
Water Well RepairIf you need to schedule a well repair, a well service, such as well chlorination, or a new well installation, then Ackerson Pump is the company to call. We can handle the following services:
- Repairing or replacing a water pump (such as a jet pump or submersible pump)
- Running the lines from the well to your house
- Connecting the lines in your basement
- Setting up your water tank
- Chlorinating the well to be sure the water is safe for consumption
Contact Us for 24/7 Emergency Service!
Water Well ServiceThe National Ground Water Association (NGWA) conducted a poll finding that a large percentage of homeowners with a well had never had a well inspection. Ackerson Pump Company knows the importance of maintaining your well to ensure that the water you’re using each day is safe for you and your family. The following is a well-maintenance checklist from the NGWA:
- Always use licensed or certified water well drillers and pump installers when a well is constructed, a pump is installed, or the system is serviced.
- An annual well maintenance check, including a bacterial test, is recommended. Any source of drinking water should be checked any time there is a change in taste, odor or appearance, or anytime a water supply system is serviced.
- Keep hazardous chemicals, such as paint, fertilizer, pesticides, and motor oil away from your well.
- Periodically check the well cover or well cap on top of the casing (well) to ensure it is in good repair.
- Always maintain proper separation between your well and buildings, waste systems, or chemical storage facilities. Your professional contractor knows the rules. (National Ground Water Association)
To that list we would add that you shouldn’t treat ground around wells with pesticides or fertilizer.